View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

The Hammer pet can be used for an indefinite amount of time. The hammer pet poofs when the cleric who casted the pet is out of combat. To use efficiently cast the hammer pet once you are in combat, (if soloing make sure you are tanking the mob in melee range of mob while casting) once the pet is summoned, quickly target the pet and give it a mana free clicky HP buff (i believe summoned pet only has 1 hp), this will prevent the pet from dying to an aoe, or riposte if mob turns unexpectantly.

Now if soloing always make sure you got a 2nd mob is on deck rooted in camp. I usually let the 2nd mob hit me a few times while the first mob is dying. When the first mob is about dead you can swap to the second mob and your hammer pet will finish off the first mob and start attacking the second mob when the first dies. rinse repeat.

I have used one pet to clear the entire ldc camp in solb when soloing.

On very long boss fights, I have asked enchanters to haste my pet and it is a very nice damage over time for a cleric.

A side note, on kunark release this pet did not depop. I remember giving it hero, symbol, haste etc, Only a few people had the spell before it was fixed.