View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

It doesn't matter what you write in a book if no one reads it.

Look, you can compose vaguely EverQuest-themed fan fiction to Xena in the wiki if you want. As the only active administrator (that I know of), I won't try to stop you ... as long as you keep it somehow tangentially P99-related.

But again, the wiki does not exist for anyone's vanity, or their Xena fan fiction, or anything else: it exists to provide useful P99 information to P99 players. When you add content that doesn't help anyone, all you are doing is stroking your ego: you're writing a book no one will ever read.

We already have lists of "firsts" on the wiki ... and no one reads them. The only people who do are the ones that fight with each other over who was first on something.

The goal of the wiki should be to have content that people can read and use. If what you're adding to the wiki isn't something others want to read/see, it is my opinion (just that; again I'm not going to ban anyone for vanity posting if it's at least somehow P99-related) that said content doesn't belong on a wiki whose only reason for existence is to be useful of P99 players.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.