View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 04:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So.

I have been thinking about a 4k UI for eq.

I htink it would take a few weeks tbh.

here's how it woould work:

1. There are AI texture scaling programs, infact, spoiler, someone is using one to update background textures for the whole game, I suspect we'll get that at some point this year!
2. we can use that same AI to scale the UI images to 4k!!! (it takes some art skill to make them 1:1 and its easy to screw up if you get careles, but its really powerful and cool technology that works VERy well!)
3. reformat the UI to use these larger textures & XML (this part is trivial but and time consuming)

Really, it'd be that easy.

So it IS possible to get a classic 4k UI for our current velious UI... I(someone) just need(s) to get off my(their) ass with all this stay at home ordershitwhatamItalkingaboutIhavenoexcuse!

(edit: there is SOME amount of hard coded UI in the spell bar, I had to make custom spell gem holders for our spell gems, because they are scaled somewhere but I forget where that scale is, its not in the spell gem images, its somewhere else but I forget, but other than that we ok)
That's great! Please let me know when it's done. I would really appreciate it!