View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 04:52 PM
Aviak

Great news! I fiddled around enough with advice from others that I FIXED IT! YAYAYA.

I am NOT a technically minded person, so if my description isn't how this works, please feel free to correct me for others who have the same issue.

So, the problem lied in this: when I changed the resolution in game, my computer was automatically messing it up by forcing the game to play at a fraction of the screen to mimic that resolution. So, for example, on my 4k screen, if I set the in-game resolution to 1080p, the screen took up 1/4th of my total screen space, rather than stretching the 1080p game over the entire screen. (I kid you not, it would just make a window that took up 1/4th of my TV screen rather than a 1080p version of the full 55" screen).

So, I did a few things and frankly, I'm not sure which one of these fixed the problem.
1. under the compatibility tab for Properties of "EQGame.Exe," I selected to "run this program is compatibility mode for Windows Xp (Service Pack 2).
2. Under the compatibility tab for Properties of "EQGame.exe," I hit the box for "Change high DPI settings": and selected both: the first checkbox to "use this setting to fix scaling problems..." AND "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by System Enhanced."

Now, when I change the resolution of the game, it puts it in the correct resolution so that I can actually see what I'm doing AND stretches it across the entire screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Settings.jpg (98.5 KB, 119 views)
Last edited by mnemonikos82; 01-05-2021 at 04:55 PM..