View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmmm hate to say it but would need to fire Burt as GM and would need rogean/nilbog to make sure it stays as classic as possible and then it would have potential to be great

For the record I have nothing against Burt I like him and he’s been more professional on RoZ BUT I’ve known him too long and seen too much, also no more Sirkens Jesus Christ
Burt's persona as RoZ staff is quite a bit different than as a player on p99 red/blue; I'd say mine is too. Each role just demands a different demeanor. I will say, though, that Burt is excellent as a content developer - something that requires expert knowledge of the game in addition to a discerning eye and more motivation than most people could ever muster (I can't do much before I lose it); he's top notch. As our lead GM he has performed as cleanly as is possible. Rag you haven't really played on RoZ much so you probably don't really know, but the number of times he has intervened in gameplay issues outside of "I deleted my bag" type petitions can be counted on one's fingers alone; probably 80% of those interventions were due to CT repop issues in our early history. We value minimal GM intervention as it preserves the sandbox element that makes EQ (especially EQ PVP) worlds great.

Rag I'm curious: if you're in favor of p99-level classicness, what exactly is it that you think RoZ would bring to the table in such a collaboration? I'm guessing you're in favor of the limited rule set - most PVPers are. Maybe you like item loot? Either project could change loot/team rules with a successive box easily enough. But outside of those features, what is it about RoZ that appeals to you? I'm just kind of confused because I think that our willingness to deviate from classic slightly more than p99 is what is most appealing to the PVP community.
  • FFA flagging
  • Item Loot Filtering (can't hide gems behind rations)
  • Adjusted PvP spell resists (though p99 is pretty custom in this right as well)
  • Anti-Train for Velious+
  • Anti-Screendrag
  • Anti-Plug
  • Rezbox PvP nerf
  • CotH PvP nerf
  • Jeriance (custom variance)
  • Gflux spell effect cooldown to prohibit bugged map positions
  • Source-enforced Tournament Match System
  • Era-based PvP balancing
  • Guild window and other Titanium Client amenities

Are these not strong features to which you are attracted? Or are you just concerned with us talking about having some custom content for some classic pvp events that maybe stay in the game for a while? Renly has described RoZ since the beginning as 95% classic, and I would say that nearly all of the ways that we have deviated from classic have been a success. Some changes have been phased out over time.