View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 03:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd104 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. If your plan is to deck out another toon like next year, you won’t get far enough to do that by next year on a couple hours a day. Why have this complex two toon plan? If you have limited time, just focus on developing one character and take your time. You will actually enjoy the game more this way than most people playing on the server. We are rather like those ever present drunks at the bar - sure, we are always there sipping a beer, but we’re not really having a good time.
Mostly because I'd like to have 2 characters, 1 solo focused and 1 group focused. Considering my current IRL situation with limited play time, it just makes sense to play the solo focused one first. With the solo one I can play and level at my own speed when I have time, I can farm myself some money to use on the character itself as well as the future group centered character I make. Next year I'll probably make either a Tank, Cleric, or Rogue to level mostly in groups with. With my limited play time right now, grouping isn't really an option. I don't imagine I'd have more fun trying to solo level on one of those right now, at least not any more than I would with something like a Necro, Druid, Shaman etc.

Necro actually sounds really fun and I'm looking forward to leveling / playing one. I wouldn't bother playing the game if I didn't enjoy it, simply to give money to another character down the road haha, that's just a nice bonus; and even after I make my second character, I'll still be playing my first character often. I plan to play on this Teal server all the way through to the end of it's life, in 3-4 years. So I think it's a good idea to use the limited time I have now to try and establish myself on the server first with a character I will not only enjoy playing, but can also farm a bunch of $$$ with.