View Single Post
Old 05-07-2023, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absinthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was perusing the forum and came across the following quote:

‘the secret to playing a good paladin is not playing one - and rolling a warrior instead. after you get proc'ing weapons and other classes understand how to mitigate aggro - youll be happy you forgot about Paladin which is completely pointless in this era. nobody plays paladins or rangers or wizards on P99 for a very good reason.’

I was wondering why this is the case, specifically with Wizards as it’s my favorite class
Wizard is great in the P99 meta, as long as you are willing to solo a lot (quadding), you don't take it personally that wizards are less in demand for most groups, and you are interested in raiding. Some of the players in <Castle> Green leveled something else up to 60, then made wizard, and they now mostly play the wizard for raids. It sure feels powerful when we batphone Gorenaire and we have 6 or 8 or 10 players on wizards and I just know we've got her.

Plus, the Wizard epic is viable if you raid some. Be smart with your DKP until you have your "must-haves."