View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Have been playing my Paladin which is now level 52 a lot lately. My budget was quite a bit less but still had fungi, 34% haste, etc.

Although I haven’t played a ranger, I was deciding between the 2 when I chose Pally. The biggest appeal on the Pally to me was the ability to do some soloing in dungeons. Although you won’t have the Charisma of a enchanter, Calm is still pretty effective and root works well when you get extras.

If I had the budget I would definitely get an Eyepatch. That 20% haste makes a big difference. You asked about flowing though item and I would also spring for a Crown of Narandi. At 39 pallys get a spell that drains 3 mana per tick and gives you 8 regen. With FT2 you will not be losing mana while standing unless you are casting and will have 23hp/tick regen with fungi.

Gearing a Pally 55+ isn’t crazy either. Narandi Lance for like 12k with great ratio and proc. I made a high elf for Natures Defender which is peak fashion quest and pretty easy quest.

Biggest downside of Pally is lack of dps when soloing 50+. Sometimes have to root and Heal mid fight which I’m not a huge fan. With that being said, fights are slower but Deepwater bp heals 307 hp every 10 seconds and only costs 7 gold for a Jasper so downtime is extremely limited.

My vote would be Paladin and think you’d enjoy it. Also, having a character that can 90% rez at lvl 58 makes life a lot easier.