View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

You won’t get Natureskin on a raid as it single target 400 mana spell. POTG is ideal for casters and Aegoism for people tanking. Normal melees will hopefully have POTG or Heroic Bond up bit with dispels and buff fades you likely will just roll with what you got. I’m frequently self-buffing.

Innate regen is nice but even on a long (but not insane) fight where you have to reslow a target (say 7 mins) It’s 8hp/tick more than a non-regen race. That’s 70 ticks at 560 extra hps. Nothing for AOE fights. Plus hopefully dps groups will have torp shams which can essentially heal forever so long as players know where to go to be in range.

The harder the target the less innate racial perks apply. This is the closest thing to “balance” that’s coded into the game. If you adore the look of a dwarf, Troll, ogre, Barb, or iksar that’s great as they have some of the best combat stats and racial perks. If you don’t like the look don’t play one. If racial regen allows your guild to kill something they normally couldn’t that target was one lucky RNG roll from wiping you anyways.

Back to the thread though, iksars do have it luckier than humans essentially for all but leveling speed and faction. When your success or failure is based on only dps in/dps out an AC bonus and regen is clutch. The 20% penalty sucks but with zones like the Hole it’s bearable. I’d still roll a human if I wanted to if only to piss off the minmaxers. Liking your toon is the best way to justify grinding hundreds if not thousands of hours and then wanting to play it at 60 still. Don’t build a toon so people will approve of it.
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-03-2020 at 11:48 AM..