Thread: Miscellaneous: Ak'Anon Touch Up
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 11:18 PM
Aviak

Default Ak'Anon Touch Up

Below are a handful of minor issues I've encountered in Ak'Anon.

Spawns
* Missing spawn:Zigg Flin (TAKP has him around 1360, -775)
This Aug 2000 comment seems to corroborate the placement seen on TAKP, though the poster mistakes the name.
Quote:
Phiz Flin
Ingalisa | 8/17/2000 3:26:32 PM

The other day when i was running around Ak'Anon, looking for sheets of metal to start Blacksmithing I ran around that building across the forge of defiance, because I knew that there was a merchant. When I had checked that it didnt sell the metal i turned around and I saw a npc named Phiz Flin I think. Well anyway I hailed him and he said something about that I was not yet worthy I think. The weird thing about him is I have never seen him before and I have raised 5 gnomes.
If anyone know anything about plz tell.

Ingalisa
Lvl 4 Gnomish rogue
Tunare server
This Dec 2000 Illia's snapshot lists Zigg in the zone, with a comment from Aug 2000 describing Zigg as "a new npc."
Quote:
Ziib figg or something to that nature By: Kasparytus
Posted @ Fri, Aug 11th 6:38 AM
there is a new npc the is behind the weapons forge building named Zig or something to that nature...he says that I need to improve my faction inorder to speak to him...I'm a gnome cleric of bristlebane that dones the Red 5 quest 110000000 times (still no hammer) so he might be broken
This Jan 2001 comment offers a hail response.
Quote:
Text of Conversation Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Wed, Jan 3rd 7:52 PM 2001
Didn't get very far when hailing him as a level 1 gnome mage. But here it is.

[Tue Jan 02 23:28:24 2001] You say, 'hail Zigg Flin'
[Tue Jan 02 23:28:25 2001] Zigg Flin says 'You need to prove your dedication to our cause before I can discuss such matters with you.'
* Zapho the Ancient should be flagged for Mar 2001. This NPC is part of a set associated with The Realm of Heroes discussed here. A July 2001 snapshot mentions he was added after the Warrens patch with the earliest comment appearing about a week later. Another comment in that snapshot mentions Zapho appearing periodically before March 2001:
Quote:
Submited by: Qazx On: 3/27/2001 2:42:03 PM
This guy isn't entirely new. He used to spawn pretty rarely and if hailed would ramble about some giant clockwork dragon. When asked more he would dish the goods... Weirdo...

Qazx the traveling mage
However, I believe this is in fact referring to Kozyn Gigglephizz who does have a shared a spawn (making him seem rare) and who does make references to a clockwork dragon.

Also, Zapho would apparently assist Lyra Lyrestringer.
Quote:
Submited by: A_Gnome_Who_Knows On: 4/22/2001 9:51:37 PM
***WARNING***

Dont kite the bard lady next to him. He attacks.
From the 2001 snapshot above:
Quote:
Submited by: Eneg On: 4/3/2001 1:11:15 PM
He does have magic. I pick pocketed the bard in Ak'Anon once and would have gotten away from her except that as I was running by him he cast a spell on me. Yes I'm sure it was him because it said Zapho the Ancient begins to cast a spell. You are hit for ... damage. You have been slain by Zapho the Ancient. Maybe it's just a reare thing that he spawns magic? Kinda like the bandits in EK or WK. Mostly nonmagic but sometimes they spawn with magic.
* From this picture, it seems Iony Gredlong should be located on the dais in the Deep Muses guildhall. On P99, her spawn is just in front of the dais at ground level.

* Baxok Curhunter seems to be missing his helm on P99.

Pathing
* clockwork cleaner appears stuck in its path at (1339, -621)

The following NPCs were seen to path through water or clip through walls:
* clockwork scrubber
* clockwork sweeper
* Clockwork XIIIB
* Clockwork XVIIA

* TAKP appears to have the Ak'Anon Guide NPCs in a mostly working state. Here is a link to the lua file for Guide I for reference (I believe the lua for all Guides is the same). Some keywords have broken pathing; I can include the results of my testing if helpful. There's likely more to it than this to get them working and I'm not sure how useful this is to P99, but I thought I'd mention it as I recall Nilbog saying he was interested in getting Guides working at some point.

Quests
* Missing Quest: Bozinite Pestle
The Bozinite Pestle quest appears to be unimplemented. It's alluded to upon completion of the Minotaur Horns quest offered by Larkon Theardor. A July 2000 Everlore comment briefly describes the quest.
Quote:
Eldritch Collective Needs Pestles
Siltil | 7/6/2000 10:59:47 AM

After completing the quest for collecting minotaur horns for Larkon. He mentions he needs someone to go to Kaladim. There are no [] but when you volunteer to go there, he talks about telling Myre in Kaladim you are from the Eldritch Collective and you need bozonite pestles. The correct phrase is [eldritch collective needs pestles]. Myre tells you about a clockwork loose, draining the bozonite. Larkon requires four of them. I haven't completed this quest, but the pestles are a rare drop.
An additional comment on that page notes that the pestle is lore and as such the quest likely only requires one.

A comment from the ZAM link above mentioning looting a Bozinite Pestle "many months" prior to July 2000:
Quote:
I'm confused about this one
Jul 08 2000 at 10:43 AM
Anonymous
Many months ago I received a "Bozinite Pestle" (note spelling) from the clockwork cleaner that runs around near the bank in lower Kaladim. Is this the same item? Is the bank referred to above the one in Kaladim? Or is there now another similar rogue clockwork in Ak'Anon that drops and almost identical thingy?
* The Gearheart quest appears to require the player be a warrior (maybe even a gnome warrior?) to receive quest prompts. Very few quests are class specific, so I thought this was worth a check. The quest worked as expected otherwise.

* The Nov 2021 P99 patch added the Tinmizer's Fabulous Compactor quest. Would it be possible to confirm that the Tinmizer's Fabulous Compactor needed for the quest was added as a possible reward to the Scrap Metal quest as mentioned here?
Quote:
Timmerman's Fabulous Compacter
Gnomad | 1/9/2000 2:45:12 PM

Well last night I turned in 4 pieces of scrap metal to the scrap dealer for the usual exp and a few coins and lo and behold he gave me this thing. It is a 4 slot container with a combine button on it. Any ideas what I need to put in it? Any idea what I get when I do? Any help will be appreciated.
Misc
I'm not sure if these are actually incorrect or if they can be fixed if so, but including here in case.
* Missing pedestals at (1340, -520) and (1390, -521)
* Missing globe at (847, -141)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg missing_pedestals.jpg (20.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg missing_globe.jpg (19.5 KB, 0 views)