Thread: Guild Trim
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any update on the Green server now that chardok 2.0 is done?
I'm not affiliated with the project at all, so take this as you will, but ...I wouldn't hold your breath waiting.

For one thing the "Chardok 2.0 patch" isn't done . The Chardok 2.0 part is, but there were other things that came in that patch which didn't come in this latest P99 patch, so we know the devs aren't done yet.

On top of that, the Chardok 2.0 patch was just the last major patch; there were other minor patches which came after that which also need to be implemented. On top of that, the devs almost certainly have a laundry list of issues they've been kicking down the road (speaking as a developer, prioritizing stuff and delaying work on the less important things is often a necessary practice), but since Green is meant to be their final result they will likely want to fix all that before Green is released.

And then finally, the P99 team tends not to be very communicative about development: they tend to just silently work on the new code without any community updates until the day the patch is ready. We might get some advance notice of Green, or we might not (we did with Velious, but then Velious required beta testing, whereas Blue is the beta test for Green).

Personally, I wouldn't count on it: I'd just buckle in, expect Green's release to be at least a year off, and be happy whenever it does happen to arrive.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.