View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Default fashion quest (?) breastplate of Eradication

Yo! I recently came across an old thread related to the appearance of the Vindi and Statue BPs. But I'm a little unclear on the conclusion drawn here that the Eradication BP should use the old plate texture rather than the newer Velious texture.

Numerous pictures were posted in the thread with claims of being the Eradi BP and demonstrating a velious graphic, but these screenshots lack any real direct evidence that they are the BP in question, and many (if not all) are from post-Velious.

The clearest example of the BP being awarded and equipped seems to be "Prybutok Browneyes" from January 1st, 2002. Later on April 5th when he receives a primal the screenshot below was taken.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've read that Velious textures were disabled by default and that might account for the appearance of the BP here (as well as the rest of his armor, if it is the Kael warlord armor). The standout element here being the velious helmet. I haven't yet determined whether having these textures disabled would also disable the appearance of custom helmets.

Quote:
Because the Velious textures can be a strain on some systems, the textures for these new armors will not be loaded by default by the game. If you want to see the new textures you will have to edit your EQClient.ini and change the line LoadArmor23=FALSE (the default) to LoadArmor23=TRUE.
Is there any way to test this here? I noticed that in my eqclient.ini file, LoadArmor23 is set to false despite the fact that velious textures are enabled.

I realize I might be posting this a little prematurely as I'm still trying to find good evidence one way or another. But I figured I'd post and see if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction. I haven't had much luck finding a clear example of the BP awarded and screenshotted prior to Luclin.

The only in-era "evidence" I see is the one-time poster on Zam claiming that the Eradi BP "looks like Umbral."

Its appearance is listed on Lucy as "Velious Plate 2," but if it was changed to this at a later date, I haven't been able to find evidence of that either. I'll keep looking.