View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimoneus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah was wondering if anyone would ever mention that, it's been in the screen shots for years. Too bad you can't just "like" or add an emote to a post or reply. This forum software must be as old as the game. And that would probably be...Not Classic.
The staff here actually tried to upgrade the forum software a few years back. Unfortunately they lost a couple of features that this version had in the process, and on top of that it just looked new and strange ... not to mention very un-1999.

After a great deal of complaining by the forum the staff reverted to the old(/current) version of the forum software.

Personally I'd love to see them try and do the upgrade again sometime, because I'm sure the newer features would be nice. They could avoid the past problems by making sure all the right functionality was enabled from the start, and they could use a custom skin to make it still look like an old EQ forum ... but after the savage complaints everyone gave them I can't really fault the staff for never wanting to even think about upgrading again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.