View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff here actually tried to upgrade the forum software a few years back. Unfortunately they lost a couple of features that this version had in the process, and on top of that it just looked new and strange ... not to mention very un-1999.

After a great deal of complaining by the forum the staff reverted to the old(/current) version of the forum software.

Personally I'd love to see them try and do the upgrade again sometime, because I'm sure the newer features would be nice. They could avoid the past problems by making sure all the right functionality was enabled from the start, and they could use a custom skin to make it still look like an old EQ forum ... but after the savage complaints everyone gave them I can't really fault the staff for never wanting to even think about upgrading again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea it suits the purpose just fine, even if a bit clunky and spammy. Definitely not a big deal, just don't see many of these still hanging around. It's been a hellova long run for them through dev/testing/gming working out all the kinks with the game itself, they could use a much needed break from having more shit to do. Like being able to actually play on the new server. Imagine that!

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification