View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where can I find the city of Nagoya in Norrath please? I want to slaughter its citizens
Baler, Nemce... you know there are many cities in the world and some PC names are bound to sound alike real-world cities [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] There is a town in Alberta called "Gimli" - what are you going to do, /petition J.R.R. Tolkien for breaking your immersion?

as stated in my previous post, that you quoted, i thought 'nagoya' was a nice set of syllable for a fantasy halfling, regardless of my inspiration. the inspiration of the player behind the name is a story in itself, but in-within the game, it is perfectly acceptable to think that some halfling people named their daughter 'nagoya' with no outside inspiration whatsoever.

MY inspiration as a human being was a real-world city.
the inspiration of the hypothetical parents of Nagoya the halfling in-game are obscure and a topic for another day! It's probably not a city though sorry, and you probably can't slaughter nagoya's residents.