View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as I find solo enchanter tedious, boring, slow and anti-social, I find solo necro awesome.
I definitely agree, but I think the root cause is the Necromancer's ability to take risks backstopped by Feign Death. Both will level fastest on a diet of dark blue floor NPCs, but the Necro at least can try more difficult areas while the Enchanter will rapidly enter a frustrating twilight zone where every hour of hard-earned XP is periodically vaporized at the whims of the RNG. Amusingly, at 60 this reverses: the Necro is helpless against summoning mobs while the Enchanter can start exploiting the WC cap.

Also, to answer the OP's question, Necromancers are fantastic solo and duo but mediocre in larger groups and raids. The biggest question is whether or not your friend can 'drive' aka handle FD splits and charming and how you feel about that. Ultimately I would suggest that you play what you want and make friends to mitigate any weaknesses. Necro is quite flexible there.