View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, I haven't seen a post from you in ages. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm guessing you haven't played in awhile also? If so, things aren't the same as they were in the old Blue days. Of course, the Mage epic remains a major challenge, but the abundance of quakes makes it a lot less difficult than it used to be.

Like I said, on Green Castle is going up to Hate every quake (I see them up there). Quick math: if quakes keep happening (as they have been) almost weekly, and let's say a Magi appears in 3/4 quakes, and drops an earth staff 1/3 times ... that adds up to Castle getting approximately one staff a month.

Now, you still have to be a Castle member, be on when it quakes (but again, lately that's been easy with all these weekend quakes), and you have to win the staff (I dunno if they handle it with DKP or loot council or what). And that's still only one Castle mage per month (plus however many mages who get non-quake-staves).

I don't know what your definition of "very very sweaty" is, but joining Castle (not even a top guild on the server), going on some raids to earn DKP, and then playing on weekends to catch quakes, doesn't sound all that sweaty to me ... and yet it's getting Castle (something like) one epic mage per month.

P.S. I suppose quakes aren't guaranteed to keep happening like this, but even if they halve the number of quakes, that's still one every other month ... that's not too sweaty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ported a buddy up a few weeks ago and he got a staff. I still play, but I don't raid. Don't start playing a mage if your epic is your objective. My definition of sweaty is someone who puts more hours into 99 then they do their job which is what it'll take unless you want to be still working on that epic in 2026 and still your chances are garbage bc I'll probably still be dropping friends in hate in another 4 years ; )