View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because you asked what has my intelligence accomplished. Degrees are a measure of ability to do what you are told, not of intelligence or real accomplishment. I find no real pride in it and don't look at people with degrees as particularly intelligent, besides maybe at the PhD level. And even then, honorary PhD degrees like the one given to Linus Torvalds for creating Linux gains more respect for me than Richard Dawkin's dissertation on chicken beaks). Bill Gates has accomplished more than I have and dropped out of Harvard, but I digress.

The paperwork just gets you passed the computers that filter resumes, personality and real-world experience are what get you the job. And for that my work on open source and commercial products just leads to a boundless portfolio. I have done a lot of good, very intelligent stuff over the years. My laziness to list it all out here does not detract from it when I feel I have nothing I need to prove.
Most people will laugh at this. But, I for one couldn't agree more. Good perspective.