View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 07:44 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I installed this on my laptop without issues. On my desktop, I keep receiving "Unhandled exception in script" errors when opening it. Have attempted regular open, running as admin, storing the file in Program Files and Program Files (x86). Below is the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "nparse.py", line 233, in <module>
File "nparse.py", line 55, in __init__
File "nparse.py", line 84, in _load_parsers
File "parsers\spells.py", line 25, in __init__
File "parsers\spells.py", line 476, in create_spell_book
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data/spells/spells_us.txt'
For you and some others, it looks like you may have only extracted/downloaded the EXE, you need the entire zip file with all the data folders, and they need to all be in the same directory as the EXE. I recommend extracting the zip file as its own folder.

As far as viruses, for those who are asking, yes I have reviewed the code in its entirety and I am the one that’s made the latest releases — if you need help or have questions, I rarely come to the forums, the best thing to do is ping me in discord. @rm_you, I’m in the tunnel quest discord, and the main p1999 discord, among many others.