View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seem to remember my first time going in plane of fear in the old days somewhere around 2000. I had a cleric around level 47. There was about 50-60 people sitting at the portal ready to go in and do some raiding.

They had what they called "rabbits" if I remember it right it was bards, monks, sk's anyone that could run fast or feign death or just volunteered for suicide duty and they would try to train the npc's away from the zone-in spot.

So after the rabbits went in, they told everybody to go inside and upon entering fear they said turn left and run to the corner, die or camp at this "CC" (corpse corner) and they told the clerics to bind there because they said it was 'safe'.

It wasn't safe. So 5 mins after everyone was dead or feigned they told the clerics to start logging back in their bind spots in the corpse corner. Well, there was mobs that would randomly roam towards the corner and of course they aggro 2 miles away. And thus began a long series of making big piles of naked poofing corpses over and over and lost a couple levels and I had to wait for days for one of the big guilds to actually break and clear it out. It was pretty miserable not being able to play my only character for that long.

But after that, nobody ever tried to break fear using the CC again (they kept saying they changed the pathing or some such shit) so from then on, people ran to the North Wall and bind and camped out and it worked better.
Hahah holy crap!