View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastedBagel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Granted it was prime time and a newbie zone, but it was so packed I could barely kill a single mob, I had to log off for the night.

People where camping the ENTRANCE to crushbone. Yes, a separate group from orc hill was camping a few spawns at the entrance, not the hill itself which also had a full group. That's how packed it was (CB was also packed to the brink with groups and solo players killing everything in sight.)

I have never seen that in classic (granted its been forever so I may have forgotten.) But I recall there only being a few hundred players usually online at a time not 1,000.

Is it a server restriction thing keeping everyone on one server or?

Does it open up at later levels?

Writing this without coffee excuse any bad writing.
Lol, happened all the time in classic pre-Kunark. I mostly played on Tunare server which routinely had over 1400 players at primetime which was a medium-high pop server, there were several that topped 1600 regularly. With LGuk & SolB camped to death (the running gag was that a L5 could safely run end-to-end in LGuk) people would make new chars and GFay/CB was a popular place. I played some on another server that showed primetime population 1200-ish, might've been Erollisi Marr, and found GFay similarly popular.