View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizards have other roles besides damage, too.
Root
Snare
Dispel
Flux staff
Have an evac ready
These are excellent points! (only shortened it to save space, apologies if I repeat your points blatantly, I just agree so much) Great post Videri!

Root is extremely powerful expecially when a pull goes bad, People may clown on a wizard who sits too much but when they stand to root 2-3 mobs when it would otherwise be a wipe they save everyone.

An example of when wizard snare can shine in group and raid play is plane of fear. There are are several mobs such as A Glare Lord and A tentacle tormentor. Wizards can snare these before or after they've been feared so they dont dispell everyone.

Dispell is even more situational but never understated how powerful it can be to strip buffs off mobs like a damage shield or other buffs (some zones has shm mobs that buff other mobs for example)

Evac,.. Do you want to die, feel bad and have to drag ur corpse/find a rez... or have a safety net wizard who can port the entire group to safety if all else fails. And since wizard usually isnt the one getting hit, they're able to pop off an evac often.

Playing a class to it's maximum potential can be challenging and at times difficult to accomplish in certain group combinations. But the more you're willing to learn the greater rewards you can gain.
Wizard is not just a nuke and sit class. Learn it and love it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 08-01-2020 at 11:06 AM..