View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it's a weird situation. On the one hand, why not just group up with the person and you guys can both get some XP while killing mobs?

On the other, this is a flaw in the system. Apparently the intent is simply to mimic the old classic way of doing things where people would create informal lists. However, the issue that arises is that in the old days you needed to be able to kill the mob because that's how you got the loot rights. They weren't awarded by computer code to the next person on the list. As such, in the classic days you wouldn't even bother going to the camp to join any list unless you could kill the mob yourself. I've come to see this as a really big flaw in the system that's actually creating a more unclassic situation by permitting people who otherwise wouldn't be there to get on the list.
I was there just before Intesifier and had to go as well after some interactions with the person #1 on the list. The reason he (and I) didn't group with this person is because the person stated he thought it was risky to clear with so few people so he wasn't going to put himself at risk by helping. Clearly a party foul here. Both of us left because this person wasn't willing to help clear the camp he was #1 on the list for.