View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all seriousness, my history is a textbook example of how not to invest.

I started in late November 2017, after a relative talked me into investing. He's also a diehard zealot when it comes to crypto.

To be fair, he was talking to me for years about getting in, and if I did sooner, I'd probably be a multimillionaire now. (seriously)

He also didn't hold my hand, so I made MANY costly mistakes.

My investment blew up like 3 days after I bought in. Made about $7,000 in a few days. I was excited. I didn't know that you're not supposed to buy when it goes parabolic, at least not when it has been up for awhile.

I bought a lot of stuff at ATH prices.

I think I have a Litecoin that I bought for $375.

I also bought a bunch of alt coins. Big gamble.

I just found out one was a scam the other day. Exchanges pulled it off - can't liquidate them. That's about $1600 down the drain.

My portfolio stayed around -90% for the entirety of 2018.

Things started improving in the last few months and now my portfolio is around -60%.

I haven't panic sold. I'm just waiting it out. Hopefully I'll break even. My Litecoin might be my saving grace since the "Halvining" is taking place in less than 2 months.

I probably will cash out when and if I break even.

Then I'll either buy a house or invest in something other than Crypto. It's too volatile for me.
You'll break even over next year or two. Like you said halvings are coming, easy price boost. The volatility can be rough no doubt, but aside from govt intervention/regulation somehow shattering the market, coins are easy money and will continue to be so for years. Maybe don't cash out 100%, leave a little bit of BTC if you wanna make money with zero effort over next few years.

Park a little in BTC it will pay off. Not 1million% anymore but you'll make easy money. Buy alt coins if you wanna gamble, but you seem to have figured out alt coins the hard way =(