View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please tell me why that UI is bad without saying "i'm very old and too many hotkeys confuse me" There's a good reason why WoW's UI was exceptionally solid and why so many wanted to emulate it.
Having a mini map is related to the gameplay itself. In eq, your character must develop skills in order to navigate the world (sense heading) and developing your own ability to navigate using /location. You are removing those aspects in order to make the navigating integrated into the UI. The world is designed with using its use in mind. It is not as immersive. You don't even have to keep up with where your groupmates are in some versions of this. Pass

Quest Log: You don't have to keep up with anything, it does it for you. "Fetch me my lost sword, I will mark it on your map, glowing arrow shows the way". Pass.

The multitude of buttons, UI and the gameplay. Having everything laid out means you don't have to make any selections for what you are about to do. No forethought required. They are also tied to the cool down system these kinds of games employ.. "I click this, which sets up this cut, then I follow with this, it sets up this ultimate move".. this is known as a button masher game. Pass.

The UI will tell you how a game like this is going to be. I say its bad, it's bad imo because I don't like the games. It is written on the UI itself. EQ came from CRPG design, WoW came from accessibility to garner more players. Pass.
Last edited by Mblake81; 11-22-2019 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: I am ooold and buttons confuse me.