View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

Think we already got there Blake. A few years ago I tried some game on my cousin's computer. It had a "skip level" option when the player lost. I was disgusted and lost interest immediately.

As for cars, I like comfy floaty older-style Cadillacs and Buicks. Nice and relaxing! Shifting gears? Let the car do that, don't care. I think the push-button gear selector Chrysler was using back in the 50's and 60's was a neat idea. Conventional manual transmissions are gradually dying out, even in racing. Sprint cars don't generally shift. Open-wheel cars usually use push button shifting or something similar. Stock cars retain the traditional layout but in races the drivers are commonly shifting w/o the clutch nowadays. Fine by me, stuff like Ford F600's long ago cured me of any enjoyment out of manipulating gears.

Edit: As for self-driving cars, I rather dislike the notion. I don't even like having the radio on while I drive--drowns out too many external sounds. But then I also dislike the poor state of driver training in the U.S. more generally. I've always felt that the (pretty basic) training I got in police academy years ago should've been about standard. Then I think of the terror associated with the rare few occasions I go anyplace with the wife driving and I decide maybe self-driving cars aren't such a bad idea for some folks.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-23-2019 at 11:52 PM..