View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 06:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny when you consider that automobiles effectively standardized their "interfaces" around the WW1 era. I think Cadillac developed the control layout we take for granted today. Ever try driving a replica model T Ford? It's nuts! Pretty much nothing on that car but the steering wheel works like you'd expect it to. I bet that a hundred years ago there was someone, somewhere, who hated Cadillac's system and preferred having his throttle on the steering column and the transmission worked by pedals on the floor. Can't please everyone.
The point is that the priority of an automobile is still meant for transportation. Yes, you can find entertainment out of driving, but that's not the main intention of it. Claiming that flooding your ability to see in a car (where you life could be at stake) is the same as your ability to see in a videogame is asinine.

Quote:
Granted, at this stage there's not much else to talk about. Pantheon is itself too far off yet, and too early ("pre-alpha?" that's developer-speak for "Anything can change.") in development to be able to talk about it in very concrete terms.
Now that Brad's gone, I don't think this project has any chance of going anywhere. Likely will die out soon. Lot of people hopped onto the anticipation of the game from his name alone. Without him, the community surrounding it might fall apart. On top of this, there was no explanation for his death, which means a red flag on how he passed away. Given his troubled past, it could've been a relapse into drug addiction. And if that's the case, that can spell poison for the PR of a project like this.
Last edited by Bisonzabi; 11-24-2019 at 07:08 AM..