View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was referencing the fact that it's not about how good you are at the game but how good you are at gaming the system. There's a reason "fraps or it didn't happen" and "lawyerquest" are idioms here. A new guild coming into the raid scene not only has to put in the hours of tracking and parking, but they also have to contend with all of the cheating and training that doesn't get caught on fraps. They need to have dedicated fraps runners for the entirety of a window and be ready to submit a petition when their mob gets taken from them due to shenanigans. There's probably 20 man hours a week put into making your case that you deserved the mob.

If everyone always played by the rules in good faith, there'd be no problems. If 5 guilds could race and then 4 of them said, "Congrats" to the winner, walk away and try again next week, you'd see more "competition". But RnF/Raid Discussion/Personal Experience says that doesn't happen.
Reading this post tells me you read into the forum propaganda way to much for your 'details' of what happens during some raid encounters.

No up and coming guilds would not have to go through the same level of lawyering that A/A employ - not in the slightest. Yes those guilds would have to follow the rules though (lol?) but I have yet to see any cases where an 'A' had an issue with a smaller guild's raid target that couldnt be solved with simple in game tells to leadership. The petition quest happens because A/A want to make the other suffer for some reason, and we are cut throat when we feel we have a violation against the other entity.

We ( cant speak for Aftermath tho but I assume this sentiment is true) rarely care and most the time are happy when other guilds are killing shit/contesting. It would be foolish to scare people away because thats what keeps things fresh and fun.

I will say its much easier to live in fear and keep your guns clutched to your chest then step out and try some of this stuff.