View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

I remember doing this back in Velious and the information even then was spotty about whether it was 2 fish eggs or 1 fish eggs. It certainly didn't help that the item is the plural version of egg, which probably caused most of the confusion about whether or not it required 1 or 2 fish egg[b]s[/s].

I unfortunately can't remember off the top of my head what I had to turn in for my totem.

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/show...r+prexus+totem

Quote:
Turn in the following to the Othmir, Bloggy Shellcracker, in Cobalt Scar.

Fish Eggs
Sea Dragon Meat
Saltwater Seaweed x 2

Thunder Salmon (fished in the Karanas) plus a skinning knife (the one that player-smiths make for tailors), combined in a tacklebox = two fish eggs, two fish scales, returning skinning knife. Not trivial at 92, trivial at 180.

Sea Dragon Meat is dropped by Kelorek`Dar and Faydedar.

Saltwater Seaweed is fished in Ocean of Tears. No drop, can be acquired with skill less than 100.

Got this info from someone in our guild, not positive of the accuracy.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020305...html?quest=960

Quote:
You DEFINITELY need two fish eggs and two seaweeds, though why the quest text doesn't reflect this I just don't know.
Quote:
Just a note regarding faction; You can indeed turn in the items to Bloogy and get the totem back if your faction is "apprehensive." I know; I tried.
Quote:
This quest requires two (2) fish eggs (can be stacked), two (2) saltwater seaweeds, and one (1) sea dragon meat. Possibly water dragon meat as well, but unconfirmed at this time.

I have PERSONALLY completed this quest 3 times in the last 2 hours, I am 100% sure of the ingredients and amounts (I had 3 meat stashed in the bank from various Kelorak'Dar killings, and passed out the totems to guildies).

Saltwater seaweed is a nodrop item fished in Ocean of Tears.

Fish eggs is made by combining a player-made skinning knife with Thunder Salmon in a tackle box. Each salmon produces a stack of 2 eggs. Thunder Salmon are fished in the Karanas. I fished it in West Karana specifically.
Quote:
Actually, this seems to be incorrect, by what I did last night.

I handed Bloogy Shellcracker one item at a time. I handed him one fish eggs and he responded with, "Sorry, strange one, that is not enough to barter with". I handed him a second fish eggs and he responded with, "I'm...erm, not quite sure what to do with this, but....thanks, I guess." Meaning, he only needed 1 fish egg. I then handed him a Saltwater Seaweed, and he responded with the message of not being enough to barter with. I handed him a second Seaweed, and he gave the "I don't know what to do with this" message. Meaning he only needed 1 Seaweed. I then handed in my Saltwater Dragonmeat and obtained a Totem.