View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is that EQ is simply not designed to have two competing raid forces in the zone. There is no magic rule set that will make it work. I logged on to Riot discord today and read some of the quotes from the UN about Jorlleag AEs and Tunare and my brain began to rot.

I used to think rotations were the answer until I played on TAKP and watched one of the guilds there fail to kill KT with 40 boxes for 6 hours "because the throne room repopped too fast". Project 1999 is popular precisely because it's difficult to get those raid pixels.

So the solution has to be some sort of indirect competition, aka a time attack. The magic of quakes was always that the guilds who were most efficient got the most pixels, rather than the guilds that poopsocked/tracked the hardest. Making everything quakes would be a big step in the right direction IMO. But I still think my League Promotion System is even more reasonable.
Yea exclusive lockouts were pretty much a time attack. You wanted to clear your lock ASAP by killing your target. It worked as it was competitive and yet kept guilds more spaced for less petititons. However exclusive locks had some issues that led to Sirken getting rid of it rather than reworking it.