View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was hitting the mobs for a whooping 28 dmg! Don't ask me why, but for some reason I thought the cap was 20.
You leveled to 10 and the damage cap increased. Now you'll hit for 28 for quite awhile.

From levels 1-9 the damage cap is the equivalent of a 10-damage weapon. In practice this means you'll hit for 20, plus whatever bonus you gain from damage scaling (not much at those levels). From levels 10-19 the cap is the equivalent of a 14-damage weapon, meaning you'll hit for 28 plus whatever you gain from strength or scaling. The benefit of raw stats scales with level, as does the basic damage table, so by the upper teens most players will hit for in the 30's. From levels 20-29 the damage cap is supposedly a 30-damage weapon, although I haven't personally tested a weapon with higher damage than that to confirm it and it's unlikely you'll have one, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know people will hate this comment but I never fancied the Ghoulbane beyond level 30 after the 30 2hander dmg is uncapped.
I agree, at least by current standards. The Ghoulbane is a pre-expansion weapon, and was very nice for its era. My own namesake Paladin used one from 27 all the way to level 50 when P99 was pre-expansion. However, it's very quickly rendered obsolete with Kunark weaponry and with Velious it's almost a joke to use beyond the 20's.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 08-23-2018 at 05:53 PM..