View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, seems the best you can do. If we could simultaneously delete every gun out of existence in the USA and pass strict gun laws they would be night and day different in efficacy

It’s a small problem, but the problem with even a well-trained armed citizenship is that they will still be in plainclothes. Part of the advantage of police or private security is they are almost always immediately identifiable in their position and role

Scenario: Someone starts shooting up a mall. Armed Good Samaritan: “There’s a shooting, and I see the shooter, I’m going to take him out!” Shoots original shooter. Another armed Good Samaritan “there’s an active shooting and I see the shooter, I’m going to take him out!” Shoots the first Good Samaritan

Luckily there has been more scenarios of a Good Samaritan stopping a shooting than there have been of multiple innocent people dying in the confusion. But it can happen, and is more likely to happen the more people that are armed
Yeah unless you got a tier 1 operator shooting up a mall, then chances are you can neutralize the threat by means of martial. if I can get into arms reach of the shooter, its over for them, I guarantee that. Any amateur psycho is gonna lack the situation awareness to realize that I am maneuvering into their field space. But then again, I was trained to do so.

I'd still recommend the Run-Hide-Fight advice that is preached to civvies should they encounter a shooter. Even if they are a well trained licensed carrier, without that simulated chaos of live fire structure clearing, you don't get to experience that sensory overload that you will encounter in a real world setting.

Guns are a tough issue for sure, theres no good way out, or good way in.

I'm a gun owner and enthusiast, and even I find gun laws to be wacky.

"So, I can purchase a handgun, then buy a RONI stabilizer kit, and it operates like a semi-auto SMG, and its legal to fire from the wrist, but if I put the stabilizer up against my shoulder and fire it like its a stock, then thats illegal?"

weirdos.