View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously you don't understand the F2P model. They make it so ala carte players actually pay more for stuff than subscribers.
IDK, that depends on several factors. $15/mo seems low, but it ends up being $180 a year. Yes I know they have 3, 6, adn 12 mo sub plans at a discount. But still. Someone on the forums mentioned that for EQ2 it was about $.25 to unlock a gear tier. Once you unlock it, its unlocked. The question is, do the unlocks pertain to the whole account or are the per character? Either way im sure over time if you have paid for your unlocks, you will end up saving money as opposed to continually paying.

Ofcorse Im sure that, even with unlocks, F2Pers will still be restricted from being able to wear the top end gear, own houses, and some other things.

I dont think its going to be as bad as some may think. I dont care for the gear restriction, but then I have quite a bit of station cash on my account that has been sitting there as I havent had any reason to use it, til now. Im interested to see how this turns out...