View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Aviak

Mistakes happen of course, I am not trying to shame as much as I am trying to draw attention to the fact that the details and attention to detail is a big part of the game. Take that for granted and you are gonna have botched turn-ins.

Most of us should know and remember the dangers of Everquest if we played live. It is harder for those of us encouraging friends to play that never played EQ before though. I can see them making more mistakes that need GM/Guide intervention because they are new to the unforgiving nature of the game and that is ok, that's why CSRs are there.

The part that was getting me into this discussion was the fact that remen was having trouble just admitting fault calling it luck or bugs (which it RARELY is). At the same time hasn't given anything but vague details of his turn in (which he doesn't have to tell the thread anything if he doesn't want to) but then saying it's luck or bugs which can't really be judged and is very unlikely that he encountered a known or new bug that no one else has encountered.

This lead me to another train of thought.

I am sure there are people that seem to always have a post in the item reimbursement petition forum that just don't take the game serious/get inebriated every game session that leads to them making errors they wouldn't normally. I wonder if there are people like this that the CSRs just don't even reimburse because they are losing/messing things up on the regular to the point where it is just like tough shit, shits classic etc.

Don't get me wrong, people can play games however they want to.

I just wonder if there's a very small group that really takes advantage of the CSR safety net that maybe need the net removed to become better players and better people. This last part could be said about anything in game as well as real life, I get it.

Little rambly but just some clarifications and thoughts I had on the subject.
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server