View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the other hand, as I reminded myself earlier, you don't actually need 205 stamina to cap it unless you want it capped fulltime. Otherwise you can cap it from 155 by stacking alchemy potions, good enough for occasional "trophy kill" situations.
Just so I don't get accused of ignoring it, the potion thing is undoubtedly a valid point for some people, and I haven't responded to it just because ... I agree with you (so there wasn't anything to say) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally, I would never use Stamina (or any) potions for farming, because potions = negative plat, and the goal of farming is positive plat. But as we discussed earlier, different Shaman play differently, and if you're ok with burning through potions regularly then I 100% agree you can hit the Stamina cap faster than I've been making it out (maybe 95% of the way through your Shaman career instead of 99%?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My own experience in west wastes, when I've used the wife's shaman to solo there, is that mana tends to be the limiting factor because you can kite them to land malo/slow, and the most likely cause of trouble tends to be getting hordes of adds during a pull from a non-coastline dragon, and you can't torpor if you need to be moving, so that can strain the mana bar.
Honestly I haven't done nearly as many WW dragons as I've done other fights, and I also haven't done them in forever (unless you count helping kill them with my Green Mage). Maybe they (like the Sebilite Protectors) really do require mana more? I need to go watch some Youtube WW kills, or better yet actually play Loramin again (after letting him slumber on Blue for years).

Also, now I want to try soloing Sebilite Protectors with them: if one good thing has come out of this thread, it's that it's made me want to play my "first love" on this server again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(BTW I still haven't even gotten him the headdress yet, even after you provided that super helpful write-up of how to do it. I'm such a slacker when it comes to Blue these days ...)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-21-2022 at 07:26 PM..