View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if we're theorycrafting which is going to help more, you have yet to show why Mana would help more than HP.
I have explained this multiple times. You just aren't reading.

75HP at level 60 will not help you survive a pre-slow crisis. If you are at 75HP and the mob still isn't slowed, you are dead because mobs hit for 140+ at level 60.

150-250 mana will generally not help you survive in a pre-slow crisis either. In both cases, it would come down to rare luck.

With that being said, Mana can help you survive solo encounters at level 60. I have been in situations where WW Dragons resisted too many spells, and I ended up being OOM with around 50% HP. Even though the mob was slowed, cannibalizing 200 mana to cast another Torpor would cost 450 HP. With the mob being able to double attack for 400, you are at the risk of losing ~900HP in a very short period of time. That is very risky when 50% of my HP is 1300 HP. I would be at 400HP when Torpor went off, assuming I don't get double attacked again for 400. Having that 200 extra mana would mean I could cast a Torpor without having to cannibalize, giving me more breathing room to recover. Last time I checked, 450 HP is greater than 75HP hehe.

Realistically speaking you only need enough max HP in a solo encounter to safely pre-slow a monster most of the time. After that the extra max HP is generally wasted, as you never go to max HP during an encounter. In a crisis situation, you will often times end up dying anyway, even if you had an extra 100HP, due to how hard/fast mobs hit at 60.