View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Raster of Guk camp guide from 2001 where he discusses needing to be out of melee in order to bind himself:

Quote:
Dec 00: I went to Guk at 44th, and armed with 2 Wu's, 100hp of gear, no haste, and an AC of 814, and could not hold the Mino room. Some Mino's are harder than Snarlers, and con from xp green to blue. When I first fought the Mino in the Elder room, (because I fell down the pit) I took him down even with another beating on me at the same time. At 80 percent of hits (bind and mend) I could easily take SOME of the mino's, and in some cases two at once with those hits, but sometimes one mino on his own would hammer me with the same 80 percent health.

It is sometimes hard to get far enough away, or remove aggro to bandage yourself, and in some cases I wasted many minutes waiting for mend to pop back again to use in case they did come back and hit me while I was binding myself.

To recap, in the respawn time, I could not clear the room, as some are tougher than I with 80 percent health. My findings are not conclusive, as I spent only an hour there, but I got all of them apart from the Raster PH before they started to respawn.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...trip=1&vwsrc=0

Perhaps even one hit was enough to interrupt?