View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 05:52 PM
Aviak

Question Are people really that nice?

I've had a very 'mixed' experience recently on Green. Just wondered what other people's experiences are with it. I've experienced a real range of different people and behaviours - and is Green a LOT busier than it was maybe a year ago (the last time I played a lot)?

There's level of competitiveness and me-first that seems a little different to how it was when it wasn't quite so busy.

Couple cases in point:

- Handed out Clarity and haste like candy at Mistmoore Castle. The leader of the group I was helping actually started trash talking me and was really rude about it (??? ok) the rest were fine.

- Handed out free rezzes out the wazoo for a couple hours too, some people were so grateful it was heartwarming, like Christmas come early. Other people are so passive that even though they couldn't possibly not know I was there and that's what I was doing, never reached out yet when I went searching for people who got dropped and rezzed them, they were very grateful too.

- Is Need before Greed even a thing any more? More and more often groups basically go 'lol' and start rolling to the point i'm like F it I guess I'm just gonna roll on stuff that's semi valuable yet has nothing to do with my class...? I always thought if there was someone there that really needed it and would wear it, that would take priority... now i'm feeling like a sucker.

- Had formed a fairly solid group in Unrest, one said "oh no haha I have to go" they literally moved to a group a few feet away from us (from the garden outside to MR, like bro it's only a game but come on lol)

- The FLAKINESS of people is just insane, I was a twink in a group and we were steamrolling Crushbone, lotta fun. This guy begs to go AFK for a minute, is gone a good half hour and *only reappears when i boot him from the group*. People's powers of attention always find a way to reemerge when the XP bar stops moving... he comes back and bails again a couple minutes after that.

- I usually give people discounts when selling in EC, I'm pretty happy to take 70-80% of what I'm asking. I'm mostly selling. So when I try and get even a small discount (on a pretty generously priced item) people are... yeah not into it, at all, a lot of the time? Guess I'm doing it wrong / shouldn't bother discounting? Some are even really rude about it. I mean come on this is supposed to be trade - a negotiation. This happens A LOT.

- People losing their mind about sharing even 1 out of 3 camps in places like Velk's and then going full LawyerQuest on me for thinking that's not fair. Like gtfo of here, nowhere in the PNP does it say you can completely dominate a zone like that.

Anyway I'll stop there. Why is this? There are a LOT of nice people around but there are increasingly a lot of trashy, odd people around too.

What are your experiences and does any of this seem unusual?