View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While this isn't my area of expertise (and I mostly agree with you), obviously Warriors and knights have a very real advantage when tanking harder (eg. raid) mobs.

As for Shaman, my theory is that they overcompensated for the fact that Shaman can't rez (even though they're the Barbarian/Ogre/Troll equivalent of a Cleric), and to make up for it they gave Shaman too much other stuff. Either that or the devs were creating the world's first game of it's kind and just weren't able to balance 14 classes perfectly ... but I like to think it's because they wanted us to kick ass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They decided they needed a primary buffing class. Then went through and looked at all the stats and various buffs they had in game. Can't really not give your primary buffer hp/AC buffs, even if other classes have em, same with stat buffs. Then, since you have a primary healer, you can't give them CH, so they gave them slows and debuffs, with debuffs and shaman lore, come poisons and cures/heals.

What I'm really wondering is wtf they were thinking with beastlord. All the joys of a shaman, with a legitimately tanky pet....