View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 09:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From another thread got me thinking:

I'd like to know what everyone's most anticipated releases were. Like in all your history of gaming from day one, what title(s) did you get all excited about the most?

I'll start and date myself. Doom II, meh. Quake II, so awesome. Fallout 4, big letdown.
First purchases were original EQ, UT99 and Janes WW2 Fighters.

My first anticipated release was Ruins of Kunark because I was into EQ, I didn't anticipate Velious but I did pre-order it. Everything else I would find in the store.

Dark Age of Camelot & Shadowbane. I was into MMORPGs at the time and these looked like the next EQs. (they weren't)

The next memorable one was Bioshock, STEAM was doing a pre-download thing and the guys at Hardforum were riding the hype train. Beat the game, didn't play it twice.

When I think back on it all the games were pretty much already out in stores by the time I took notice. Box pics look interesting, ok I will buy it. No waiting and a "finished" game. The definition of a finished game becomes confused post 2010.

Edit: Erased STEAM/digital stores & launchers awhile back. Since PC gaming is reduced to digital download only it means I don't purchase new games. I have no further anticipations.
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-25-2019 at 09:54 AM..