View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Most of the Information I found to complete this was taken from http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=8893&

By changing your systems MIDI soundfont, you can recreate the AWE32 Soundblaster sound which is how the music was meant to be heard in EQ! (the MIDI soundfont that windows comes with by default is pretty terrible)

Preview the sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWj-...&feature=g-upl
(you may not be super impressed but in comparison its a lot better, im too lazy to upload a comparison video, maybe i will at a later date)

------
HOW TO:
1.) Download 1mgm.sf2 to Desktop or any location [download]
2.) install bassmididrv.exe [download]
3.) Run BASSMIDI Driver Configuration
4.) "Add" 1mgm.sf2 to soundfonts and click "Apply"
5.) Go to Advanced tab, under Default MIDI Synth, select BASSMIDI Driver and hit "Apply"
------

You can google "MIDI soundfont Banks" to see if you find any you like better

You might notice a little bit of glitchyness in the video with the sound, i think that's only because my fraps was running.

Enjoy!

Awesome.. back "in the day" my eq computer was a HP Pavilion P1 75mhz that I later upgraded to 200mhz "p2" but more like some odd OC p1.5 hybrid thing... anywho- its orig soundcard was a soundcard modem combo card- and the sound died on it- long story short after a dumb tech replaced stuff a few times not listening to me- I ended up with a Soundblaster AWE 64gold as a replacement- that card followed me for many moons and many computers it was such an awesome card... it had its own little sound processer :-P

thanks for this tip!

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman