View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 03:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's not quite that simple that less gear and less max characters = more difficulty. This fails to account for people's behavior. Expect to see a whole lot of playing it safe to compensate.

While it's true that twinks with parked 60s will have an easier time handling mobs, they'll also have strong incentive to round up more at a time, chain pull, and push deeper into the dungeon for the higher profile camps. Players without this kind of security will simply lean towards lower-risk gameplay - more mana checks, more med breaks, more room timers, more resistance to pulling the named or branching out from camp.

I've played live. I still remember that trapped feeling when your group can't press on and explore because the cleric has work the next day and insists on just clearing the same hall. I've been in that group that doesn't have a puller because nobody wants to be the guy without the zoneline right on their six so everybody just waits in awkward silence for respawns. I've seen the frequency of trains in zones with a moderate population but no available rez.

You can always count on most people to choose the path of least resistance, perks or not. The difference between leveling on green and blue will simply be a matter of risk threshold and pace.