View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbintha Hood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would sell the Cloak of Crystalline Waters and Skinner's belt to get a Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt and Maelstrom Cloak (or Hierophant's Cloak if you have the plat). Next, I'd upgrade the neck piece to get a +6 neck. Then I'd dump the Warrior Totem for an Idol of the Thorned. Crested Spaulders do need an upgrade as well, so I'd look into the Spirit Wracked Cord or Strength of the Elements Quest. I wouldn't worry so much about your resist stats until you hit 60, so the Orc Fang Earring and Cougar Claw Earring are fine for the time being. When you hit 60, dump the two earrings for an Earring of Essence and Black Sapphire Electrum Earring.
Good call on the Strength of Elements and Spirit Wracked Cord - both of those look awesome.

Figured I'd update and respond to everyone as I made a few purchases based on suggestions and (somewhat) have a plan going forward. More input is always welcome though!

Ended up buying Idol of Thorned and Earring of Essence because they're cheap and they seem like upgrades that will last for a while.

It seems like my next best bet is to save as much plat as possible and gun for 60 with the idea of purchasing a Fungi and Cloak of Flames (and selling my CoCW) when I'm close The exceptions to this would be JBoots and a Truncheon of Doom as it seems that would help me exp solo / duo in the times when I can't find a group. The JBoots will be for keeping me safe and for the questing I'm realizing I'm going to need to do at 60.

I mention questing because from the responses, it seems like most of my cost effective major available upgrades are going to come from quests, so I may as well get to 60 and then start focusing on that. Major quest items I will focus on...

Eyepatch of the Plunder
Strength of the Elements
Spirit Wracked Cord / Sarnak Ring Quest
Coldain Ring Quest
Belt of the Four Winds (going to need to figure out how I can get to Sky regularly to do this as its the main 41% haste I'm likely to see in my current guild)

In answer to the above poster - yes I CAN solo using DPS weapons and my clickie BP from HoT when all camps are full in KC - just have to be careful as x2 drolvargs simultaneously are a problem.

Any other input or suggestions to that list? Seems like "save your plat and get 60" with the exception of the JBoots and Truncheon is the best plan