View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 04:45 PM
Banned

Then there’s people like me who took the full brunt of original covid un-vaxxed, then got the vaccine months later because fuck it

Delta was the king variant though, I got the one before it. I’m basing this mostly off anecdotal reports from my cousin and my cousin on the other side of the family’s husband who got delta unvaxxed. Both very fit athletic hard assess and both humbled by the experience

I remember texting my cousin, who does part time personal training, 2 days into him testing positive for delta and him saying all he had was a headache and tired, laughed it off as a joke. Met him weeks later at a family gathering and said “so delta was a joke huh” and he was like “no that shit sucked. Whole body hurt so fuckin bad”. The other person I mentioned was ex-marine who said delta felt like all his bones were breaking at once

But like Lune said, these new variants seem notably weaker. I see less of a need for boosters, other than for those who are already at risk of covid fucking then up (older, immunocompromised, etc)