View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then there’s people like me who took the full brunt of original covid un-vaxxed, then got the vaccine months later because fuck it

Delta was the king variant though, I got the one before it. I’m basing this mostly off anecdotal reports from my cousin and my cousin on the other side of the family’s husband who got delta unvaxxed. Both very fit athletic hard assess and both humbled by the experience

I remember texting my cousin, who does part time personal training, 2 days into him testing positive for delta and him saying all he had was a headache and tired, laughed it off as a joke. Met him weeks later at a family gathering and said “so delta was a joke huh” and he was like “no that shit sucked. Whole body hurt so fuckin bad”. The other person I mentioned was ex-marine who said delta felt like all his bones were breaking at once

But like Lune said, these new variants seem notably weaker. I see less of a need for boosters, other than for those who are already at risk of covid fucking then up (older, immunocompromised, etc)
Yeah Delta was rough for sure. Fucked me up as well. I got it right around the 8 month mark post-original vaccine, like right around when the data came out that the antibodies drop off around that point in time. Really did a number on my lungs for quite awhile.

Yeah current variants seem weaker fortunately (at least for people without pre-existing conditions especially). Although my friend's wife is an epidemiologist and was saying that unfortunately as far as viral evolution goes, when it comes to COVID we kind of have to throw out what we think we know. Basically it has something to do with the DNA chain of COVID and how it has like billions more chances to evolve in a way that would be contradictory to how viruses typically do (i.e., they typically get more contagious, but less severe over time). Kind of makes me think there's some credence to the lab leak theory as a result because genetically it looks so different from other viruses we've seen in the past.