View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Aviak

Daily spawns makes perfect sense to me. Classic eq didn't have this many raid capable guilds on any single server that I can remember. Even with daily spawns there would be heavy competition, it just won't be between 2-3 guilds, it'll be between like 8-12. Seems like the way this server is setup now, it deters people away from being a raider if they have any sort of life outside the game. It just feels like this server is 3 classic servers merged into 1, with extended spawn rates.

Is the main concern about daily spawns that if more people are capable of obtaining pixels, then the pixels already obtained become less valuable? If that's the case then people need to realize a lot of their current pixels will be way less valuable in Velious anyway. It sounds to me (I could be wrong) that a vast majority of the players want to relive the old days by actually killing the raid mobs and still compete for them, just not be on-call 24/7 to do so.

Velious will fix a lot of the problems obviously because there'll be so many more raid targets and they're going to be quite a bit tougher. Plus if no targets are up, people will be doing armor runs in kael/tov clearing trash.

Anyways you can take my thoughts with a grain of salt since I don't have any 60's here yet. On live I had about 15,000 aa's between my characters when I quit and a magnificent neckbeard during kunark/velious if that counts for anything. --jameson / terris-thule