View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you name off the camps/areas where FD pulling is mandatory … or if not mandatory then preferable? And if so if so the types of camps that with a balanced group you want your tank pulling to begin with? I can think of a very … very few where maybe a SK as the tank would be preferable with a less than balanced group or a small squad.

My memory says:
-Kael arena hunting inside the building +/- PoZs
-deep in DN on the harder/nastier rats (if you don’t have a monk/bard)
-deep deep seb … protector/fungiKing (if you don’t have a monk)
If you have a full group usually the tank isn't going to also pull, agreed. If you're smallman, you can add places like velketor castle, most of Siren's, and much of the nastier areas of Chardok to your list above. While that's still not a huge list of zones, it does include a large proportion of the better duo/trio areas.

I include chardok even though enchanters often pull there because realistically paladin lull is a lot more limited than enchanter lull since the latter has more tools to deal with crit fails. A failed paladin lull in a tough zone usually means you're capping or dead and either way your trip's trashed, so I regard the paladin's use of that spell line as having a lower ceiling than ench despite it being the same spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always enjoy your posts Danth; insightful and to the point.
Likewise, I'm glad to see you back active again. You've always been one to do the dirty work (parsing, etc) to prove or occasionally disprove things a lot of us take for granted.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 07-28-2022 at 07:08 PM..