View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know that we even disagree. This quoted bit is not inaccurate. The paladin gets stronger as its group gets worse; it can cover for group weaknesses better than the other tank types can. As such it's a good class for a player who does a great deal of pick-up grouping where he routinely has to make do with whatever he can get because his alternative is sitting around twiddling his thumbs. That's not really "endgame", though, as said before. Speaking of which.....

Shadowknight tends to win at fungus king, as much for snare as feign since the other snare classes tend to be shunned from that specific area. As a rule as the content gets harder and the levels of opponents increases the SK tends to pull ahead of the paladin. Lulls get iffy when stuff resists all the time, stuns don't work at all on 55+ opponents, etc. On many occasions a paladin might join the wife and I and turn our duo into a trio and it'd always end up the same: paladin would be on pulls starting out because lull is faster when it works, then once we got to the tougher areas we'd switch out for me (on my SK) pulling once lull couldn't be trusted anymore. Feign is slow, but ultimately it has a higher ceiling than lull has. My shadowknight can pull about anyplace a paladin can, even if it's slower, but the opposite is much less true and there are some places a paladin/shaman duo would hesitate to even try.

Danth
I agree with you.

I think my main concern was that I find it an interesting logical conundrum that people keep arguing about group efficiency, but ironically a group is usually pretty inefficient if the Paladin is doing a lot of clutch saves. Obviously there are exceptions to this, like if you are trying to run a low man group without a pure healer.