View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you'd know that neither trump, nor a WHOLE bunch of moderates (mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers) also are on the fence about taking the statues down, good people, and by pointing out that those people are not Nazi's you're not supporting white supremacy.
I'm willing to bet that most of those "good people" don't know the history of those statues. I didn't. I thought "old statues that aren't PC anymore; maybe not great, but no big deal" ... then I learned that the majority of those statues were put up during the civil rights era. Whites were threatened by that whole "black people getting equal treatment" thing that was going on, so they put up statues of people who fought to keep black people enslaved to send a message.

It's kinda like Joe Arpaio. Some of the crazy stuff he does sounds fine ("Oh look he makes inmates wear pink haha"). Then you read about shit like what the OP posted, or his harassment of anyone (legal citizen or not) who has a different ethnicity than he does, and you realize what a truly horrible person he is.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-24-2017 at 08:12 PM..