View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no
No because it would be difficult/time consuming/impossible to implement, or no because you don't like the idea in general? Just curious.

Aadill, I personally don't see the problem with players partaking in multiple aspects of the game at the same time. What was so horrible with someone in your exp group also auctioning their items during an EXP group back when we had global ooc? I personally didn't have a problem with it.

I get what you're saying about players possibly being distracted by their other character - but that doesn't really get to the main idea of the 2boxing rule. The rule's intention as I understand it is to promote social interaction by limiting the self-sufficiency of an individual player by limiting them to one character. There are countless distractions that hinder a players ability to play - listening to music, watching movies, taking care of kids... I can't speak for everyone, but when I'm playing my character, 95% of the time I'm doing something else as well (reading, watching a movie, etc) - allowing a trader character would only add one additional option among the countless others that players already have for activities to distract them. Basically, I don't think you'll see much of a difference - if a player is willing to trade and play, they're also willing to watch a movie and play, or read a book and play.. trading would just substitute for whatever activity they did before they were able to trade.

So I guess I'm not really disagreeing with your final point there Aadill, more just saying that players who get distracted by multitasking are going to be distracted whether or not they are allowed to trade while playing their primary character.